POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : csg bug ? : csg bug ? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:15:10 EDT (-0400)
  csg bug ?
From: Deneux Johann
Date: 17 May 1998 14:05:15
Message: <355F26DB.30CB6D30@club-internet.fr>
Hello everybody. I have encountered a problem, what could even be a bug.

This is a CSG-problem. Try this little scene:

#include "colors.inc"

/* Prints a 'L' in a white pannel */
difference {
 // The panel
 box {<-1,-1,0.5>, <17,12,2>}
 // The 'L'
 union {
  box {<0,0,0>, <1,9,1>}
  box {<0,0,0>, <6,1,1>}

  pigment { color Red } // To see the L print
 }
 pigment { color White }
}

light_source {
 <8.5,5,-40>
 color White
 shadowless
}

// The camera looks into the 'L''s corner
camera {
 location <0.5,0.5,-2.5>
 direction z
 right x/3
 up y/3
}

Render it ... OK, if you encountered the same problem, you should see
that the corner isn't pretty.
It looks quite a 'snowy fog'.
I saw this problem with versions 3.00 (win95 version) and 3.02 (linux).
Sorry if this bug was known and corrected, but I just couldn't find any
BUG-list.

Page perso: http://www.club-internet.fr/perso/deneux